2.26.2012

Computers, Cars, and Community

Writing this post makes me feel good, because I'm actually doing what I said I'd be doing.  Example; not posting very often.  As unexciting as that may be, looking back and seeing that you've done what you set out to accomplish makes me feel really good.

As another example, see my last post; I set out to build a computer, and I did!


My friend David helped me make it, as this was my first time, but dang son, it's nice!  And this is just a snapshot of some of one of the games (Star Wars: The Old Republic) my computer can do:

My character: Bryker Rickriver, Bounty Hunter, Republic's Most Wanted


Next on my goal list: acquire a new car!  I've thought about if I actually need one, and I think it's a wise decision.  I keep pouring money into this one, and it's not going anywhere.  I'm also afraid of the car breaking down because of all the repairs I regularly delay putting into it.  So I think in the spirit safety and financial wisdom, it's time to make my first grown-up purchase!

Actually, yesterday I took my first test drive of a car ever.  So get this; I pull into the dealership, and I'm on the phone when I get out of my car, right?  I'm like 20 feet from the door into the dealership, standing there while I finish my phone conversation before I go in.

My brain: "Oh, so exciting, time to be assertive!"

But apparently, they stop at nothing, not even social norms.

My brain: "Oh crap I'm alone and he's already coming at me!  Must try to look..imposing..."
 
My brain: "OH S*** HELP"

Apparently, looking imposing and having a fake phone conversation louder right next to me is a great way to sell cars.  I still don't know if he was mocking me or trying to be funny, but whatever it was, it made me feel like a helpless puppy in the rain.  Good thing my friend came, otherwise I probably would have bought a 2005 Dodge Stratus for $53,000.

But yeah, I got to test drive a Nissan Versa!  It was pretty neato, but I think it's too small.  Since I'm still really not sure what I want and what's the wisest decision, I'm going to look around a bit more.

Some other random thoughts:
-I have a Crock Pot now!!!  It rocks.
-I get to play racquetball like, all the time!  Hurray!
-I like my friends in FUSE.  Here's a picture of a bunch of us!

I FEEL SO LOVED IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYONE



 Well, that's that I guess.  I'm growin' up fast...


1 comment: