7.16.2011

Post ALL THE THINGS!!!

(The title is a reference to Hyperbole and a Half once again)

Hello there, thanks for coming back!  I know it's been a while; I've been traveling, getting lazy, getting busy, and all other sorts of stuff.

Alright, so last post, we were talking about "tubing".  It's not that big of a deal I guess, and a few of you got it right.  But I think a lot of you will understand exactly where I'm coming from here.

So people are like, "Hey Brandon, tubing this weekend?"  My mind instantly floods with the possibilities....


 ...
...
...
...
...
Yeah, um, I don't wanna do that...but then I thought, "Wait, this is TEXAS." My mind fills once again....
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

 ...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
The horror of just such a thought was enough for me. I politely replied to my friends, "Um...yeah, I'll pass, I'm not really a huge thrill seeker."


"What?"

"Yeah, I don't like thrill things like that, it just kinda stresses me out."

"...uh...alright?"

Later, I find out this is what they mean by "tubing":



An excuse to drink gratuitous amounts of beer.

Apparently, I can't handle the excitement of floating down a river with friends, chatting and having refreshments.  Who knew?  Maybe I'll muster up the courage someday.

 Now that we cleared that up, back to the rest of life. Since so much actually happens in life, I can generally only post very little of what goes on, and I try to post the more relevant/exciting/interesting parts of my life here in Austin.  But so much has happened, I feel like I have to just spam it all at once, so...let's try this....

Cooking Casseroles, Shopping in a Toys 'R Us Like an Adult, Delicious Food + Cupcakes = Taboo, Mini-golf, Trivia Night, Meeting an IV'er at the Magic the Gathering Tournament, Just Love the Downtown Scavenger Hunt, Wedding Weekend in Champaign, Friday Night Karaoke at Best Buy, and the First Car Accident That Wasn't My Fault!!!

You understood...part of that....right?  Well, I wanted to give you a glimpse of how much is going down here, and I'm not just spending every night at my computer, wallowing in my sorrow as I miss people from home.  That's what Thursday nights are for.

I'm almost saved up for a camera, so I can start really sharing some photos of what this place is like.  I'm really excited!  However, I did take some pictures with my phone at the scavenger hunt...and I must say, I'm pretty proud of my little camera phone, it takes decent pictures!  Make sure to click to see them bigger!





 

 The scavenger hunt in downtown Austin was with my church. There's this "series" of sorts, called Just Love, and this was the first week of it.  It was pretty fun, and we even met a guy from South Africa to take all of our pictures for us!  It was pretty cool.  The items on the hunt list that we got above are...
  •  Picture with a non-team member with a sports logo.  I'm doing the "Hook 'em horns" sign! 
  •  Picture with whole team with state capital in the background.  Definitely click that one...this guy absolutely wanted to be in our picture for absolutely no reason...it was awesome.
  •  Picture with whole team doing the YMCA on a stage.  Thanks Friends!
  •  Picture with whole team pointing to evidence of wind.  Thanks Texas Flag! 
  •  Picture with whole team in elevator.  Since it was late, all those super plaza places were closed.  But we found a Radisson hotel!  
  •  Picture with a team member with a funny sign.  Austin, you're so funny, with your signs and stuff.

Well....this took entirely too long to prepare.  Hope you guys enjoy reading about my life.  Till next time!  Miss y'all!  Leave comments and such! 

6 comments:

  1. Ah, Brandon you make me smile! :) I can't help but lolz at your Austin adventures--I pray they continue! Keep investing and keep posting! :)

    ~Brittany :)

    P.S. It was great to see you in C-U two weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm super proud that you can shop at TRU like an adult :) this makes us associates happy

    _KH

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha shout out to Toys R US! Now to shop in a BBW in texas, lol. Aaaand I think we need to go tubing!!

    -Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALL THE THINGS :D

    keep doing that, it's awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're getting along so well in a new place. Not that anyone doubted but it's really exciting to see.

    -Drew

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooooh thats tubing!!!! i get it
    sounds amazing :)
    woot woot for old school toys 'r us :)
    -Keli

    ReplyDelete