6.26.2011

Small Group, Girl Talk, and ...Tubing?

 Hello!  Have you had a good week?  I know I did!  Read about it...and at the end, there's a game for everyone to play!!

 So, I went to my first small group Wednesday!  It was in this real big house, and there must have been like 40 people in it.  It was crazy!  The small group is a focus group for singles, and there were people there of all ages, 20's, 30's, 40's, and maybe more, I don't even know!  And everyone was really friendly and stuff, and we broke out into small groups of about 8.  I really liked it; some really legit genuine people.  And then afterwards, we went for burgers/ice cream/beer/wine/whatever at this place nearby.  They really do a lot of stuff together; I can't wait to get to know them more! 

Last night, I went to a Girl Talk concert!  It was my second time seeing him in concert, the first being at Illinois.  The dude is a mashup artist, which basically means he just rips bits of songs together and overlays/mashes/mixes them together.  It's really cool to hear live, and basically the concert turns into a massive dance party.  And that felt good, 'cause I just had some moves that needs bustin' out.  So, if you get a chance to see Girl Talk, do it.  And prepare to get sweaty. 

Well, I don't have any funny stories, really.  More like semi-interesting bullet points, really:
  • I was making my own pasta sauce, and I didn't have any sugar.  I used Tang instead.  It was awesome.
  • I saw a dude in the grocery store without a shirt on.  No one cared.
  • I was making pancakes, and I didn't have any milk.  I used heavy cream instead.  It was awesome.
  • While on the road in New Braunfels, I saw, on the side of the road, a dude peeing on a 2 ft. wall of the Girl Talk venue. No one cared.
  • My ears keep popping on the roads.  What the crap?
Well, that's about it.  I can't wait to get my own camera so I can start picture documenting my life down here!  And now, for the game!

The Game
Don't look it up.  Don't look at other comments before you do this.  Now, answer this question in the comment you leave, which I hope you will!  And feel free to make any other comments as you like.

Question: If your friends told you that they were going "tubing" this weekend, what would that mean to you? 

11 comments:

  1. uhm, being dragged on an inner tube behind a boat. like water skiing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw Girl Talk, and I was not thinking of a mashup artist XD

    Tubing = intertubing on a lake/river. duh. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. tubing is either
    a) floating down a river in tubes
    or
    b) being pulled behind a fast boat in a tube

    ReplyDelete
  4. getting on an inner tube behind a boat and getting dragged along on a lake at high speeds until your face gets ripped off by the water

    ReplyDelete
  5. id say being pulled by a speed boat while in an inner tube :)

    -Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tubing down a snowcapped mountain?

    I hope it's not youtubing the whole weekend away. That would be the opposite of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That they were being pulled behind a boat in an inner tube... that or going down a snow-hill in an inner tube. But, since it's almost July, I'm gonna go with the water one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Normally I would think this would imply using an inner tube to progress down some entity of naturally occurring water. From how you asked, I take it they meant something else lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. being pulled in an inner tube behind a boat :)

    -Katie P

    ReplyDelete
  10. love it!
    yeah, I only know of the "lazily drifting in an inner tube" version, but that's probably not the right answer ..........

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I would probably have to take into account who said it. If it was someone outdoorsy, adventurous, or whom I knew had access to a speedy boat, I would definitely say inner tubing on a body of water behind a boat or just floating (I know you said Austin has a river, which is why I didn't say lake). If it was someone I knew but now someone like the above mentioned, I would think climbing through some set of tube-shaped structures (not really sure what that would be, but hey...this is your game sooooooo). If I didn't know them at all and there was no obviously nearby waterway or tube structure, I would almost certainly think it was something weird and very inappropriate.

    ReplyDelete