8.15.2011

Actually Arbitrating Around Austin (And Alliteration Always Amazes All)

Ahoy Amigos!  Ok, enough alliteration.  That was killing me.

Wow, it's been exactly 3 weeks since my last post.  And admittedly, until this weekend, life hasn't been super exciting down here.  It hasn't been particularly boring, either.  Just dry...very very dry. Haven't had time to cook much, either.  Let's see...


2 weeks ago, I went with a bunch of coworkers to a local brewery tour!  That was pretty cool, and FREE.  That's right, free beer!  And there was this big man with a cool German accent describing all the different beers to us.  At the end, he was showing us around the place, and a bunch of people were taking video and pictures of him answering questions. I happened to be right behind him.  I couldn't help myself.

.
.
.
.
.



Best photobomb ever.  I didn't even know those people.



Yeah so that basically sums up my past three weeks.

As for this past weekend, my friends Drew and Scott flew in and visited me this weekend!  I'm so very blessed...I've only been here 10 weeks!  And being only 10 weeks in, I was pretty surprised, because I was showing them around Austin, and I actually knew where I was going!  This city may not have direction, but it has ME.  So put that in your pipe and smoke it, Austin.

It was pretty ridiculous though, because right after Scott got in, we started to drive west from the airport into the city.  About 3 minutes after we leave, we stop on this very busy road because of an unexpected obstacle...
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I mean, I like to drive my house all over roads too, especially so I can park it across 3-4 lanes of traffic, so I can understand. 


But yeah, the weekend as a whole was real great.  I got to show them around downtown, the capitol building, the University of Texas campus, some great places to eat, the Alamo Drafthouse, the bats...it was pretty cool.  I got to show them a ton of other places from my blog, too!  The deceptive Sam's Club without a Wal-Mart, the place where my car broke down right after dropping my dad off at the airport, and where I played Mutha' Effin' Bingo.  And we played trivia!

Moral of the story: If you want to experience what's in this blog, come on down, and I'll show you 'round! (no pressure, hehe)
 
Oh, and Torchy's Tacos.  It's a great restaurant that I took Scott to.  I showed him the "Trailer Park" taco.  It has fried chicken, pico de gallo, cheese, some crazy poblano sauce, lettuce, and green chilies.  And guess what. You can "Get It Trashy."  That's right.  Your Trashy Trailer Park taco now comes with queso instead of the lettuce!  Best. Taco. Ever. Hands down. Did I mention the RANCH they give you too?!

Hm.  What else?  Well...my roommate, S, moved out, as his internship is finished.  So now it's just me and G!  We're on the lookout for a TV and a couch now that we have more room....

So yeah, life is getting more and more normal.  I kinda don't like it.  It's weird, not being back at school in the dorms at this time of year.   But heck, I really shouldn't complain.  I'm still enjoying my time down here! Just wish you all were here with me...so thanks for coming again and reading!  Hope all is well with you!

5 comments:

  1. Those "Trashy Trailer Park" tacos sound great.
    Send me some!!!! But don't forget to try
    "Jack in the Box" tacos. When you're out late & have the munchies; it's the Mexican Whitey's.
    (No ethnic slur intended)
    PGW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how immediately after S moves out, you and G start looking to replace him with a TV and couch.

    Dang.

    I also like how you call your roommates by their first letters. Class and confidentiality. And a little bit of badass-ery...they sound so mysterious, like they belong in Bond or something. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww. It sounds like you guys had an awesome weekend! I am 98% jealous! (the 2% of not jealous is because of the bats...I'm still kind of sketchy about bats...)
    Just wait...you'll regret inviting me when I finally do make it down! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, awesome! I hope things have been going well recently! Feel free to email/text or whatever, hope things are looking up :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your doodles :D

    ReplyDelete