10.23.2011

Halloween Imminent

Yes Jacob, apples do taste better in the shower.

 Hey guys!  It's been about two weeks being back in Austin after having gone to Illinois twice.  I can honestly say it's good to be back here without all this traveling. 

Here's some bullet points:
  • I got a tetanus shot.  All by myself.  It's like I'm an adult.  I'm so good at fooling people...
  • I realized: awful horror movies still scare the crap out of me. Even if they're awfully hilarious. (e.g. The Thing)
  • I played this board/card game called Dominion.  If you ever get a chance, play it.  Awesome.
  • I'm working on a Halloween costume...hopefully it doesn't fall through!
  • I realized this past week that one of the things I'm working on at work is really cool.  But I'm not allowed to tell anyone.  Guys....it's so cool!!
  • My mom might be visiting me for Thanksgiving!? What?!

 So yeah.  Let's see.  Oh yeah, I made spinach and tofu pizza!  Here's the recipe.  I thought when they said prepared pizza dough, they meant like, Boboli, or some crap.  Apparently not.  Here's the finished product:


It wasn't really bad, actually.  Probably too much tofu and not enough cheese, though.  Will have to try again!

I also went to another Master Pancake. Guys, these are so good.  This one was on the movie, Halloween.  It was freaking hilarious.  They do great commentary on these things.  Guys, did you know that this movie's setting is in Illinois?!  Yeah, well, watch the movie.  Watch it closely.  Look at the greenery of October.  Look at outdoor lockers of a high school.  Look at the lemon tree.  LOOK AT THE PALM TREES.  Yeah, that's Illinois alright.

(start paraphrasing)

Also, when I was in line (I was wearing my Illini Racquetball shirt), this girl near us was like, "Liek, omg, you're from Illinois?  OMG can we get a picture together?!  My friend goes there and she's gonna flip when I she sees that I met an ill-eye-nee!!!!"

"Haha...uhh..yeah, it's actually Ill-eye-nye."
"Oh, liek ogm ok, well, let's take a picture together, Mr. Ill-eye-nee or Eye-lye-nee or whatever!"
*snap*

(end paraphrasing)

So, yeah!  I'm looking for a new place to live now, as G moves back to Illinois in December, and that's when our lease ends.  Let the hunt begin.  Busy busy busy!  Thanks for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Definitely taking that pizza recipe~~ It looks yummy :D

    How's the costume coming?

    What a funny experience with the girl about Illini. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have you never played Dominion before?!?! Even *I've* played Dominion! (Of course, my strategy is to buy things according to which pictures I like the best, and how it relates to the narrative I've made up about my fictional Dominion...I've had a thieves' kingdom before...it was pretty sweet...;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bullet Number 1: It's been a year already. I'm impressed things like this still astonish you...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. good to know: thanks! I'll have to try it now, I suppose...

    ReplyDelete